Sunday, 2 November 2014

A Jessie Chorley Work shop

I had a very quick visit to London yesterday to go to a Jessie Chorley Workshop. 
I set  off with my little case full of snippets and pretty s to play with, you probably recognise the glittery twinkle stamped fabric from my Winter Fairys box.

 Jessie had provided us packs to work with they contained a heart and dove and some beautiful papers and embroidery thread. I chose to make some bunting or at least make a good start on it, these samples are my efforts on the day (sore fingers). We were able to use lots of lovely stamps and all sorts of papers and fabric pieces Jessie had provided
Other industrious lady's decorated beautiful hearts cut from old book covers  , and painted card doves with silk ribbons and bells, some made gorgeous Christmas cards, so many beautiful things, so many lovely lady's.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
A sparkly twinkly start to November
Hugs Lynn xxx










10 comments:

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Love the bunting Lynn.
Its wonderful what the spirit of creativity and lots of snippets of goodies can produce...
I see all your sweet fairies have fluttered away to new homes. Mine still greets me every morning as she dances in the sunlight in the window. She wanted no part of being put in a box tucked away for the Holiday season. She twinkles every day at dawn...
Hope you are well.
Susan x

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Love your bunting, Lynn. I did a quick Google search for Jessie Chorley as I didn't know her by name. Lovely website & shop. Creating with kindred spirits would make for a very lovely day.
xoxo,
Lin

Pilgrim at Kerjacob said...

Oh how lucky you were - I'd love to go to one of the workshops and also to see the shop etc.
I'll just have to wait for you to come here with your amazing talent to give me an idea of the things you did. Hope the fingers are less sore in the morning.
As always big hugs.
Diane.xxxxxxxx

Chatelaine said...

What a treat! A workshop in London. Must have been fun creating with others.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

lemonade kitty said...

Aw the bunting is so sweet and special, it will always remind you of spending a lovely day creating with Jessie, I wish I could have joined you. X

Greenorchid said...


Lovely Bunting Lynn... wishing you a fab week... Cx

Madelief said...

Would have loved to join you to your workshop Lynn! You made some beautiful things!

Have a lovely evening!

Madelief x

Gail said...

oh that sounds like a great workshop Lyn, being with other creative souls can be so inspirational can't it.... have a lovely weekend...hope the sun is shining for you, it is cool but lovely and sunny for us...
Gail x

manon 21 said...

j'ai évidement adoré Londres et je suis allée chez Jessie Chorley .
j'espère que tu vas bien .

Amicalement,

Manon

flowers on my table said...

Looks like you had fun Lynn. I love your bunting. It must be very inspiring at those workshops? Love Linda xx