Saturday, 11 October 2014

Remembering

  

I run, I dream, words come to me and sometimes I see a shadow, a watcher on the path, then I look again and they are gone, part of nature, part soul. I have shared my words and feelings today with you. Nature she is magical and tangible she takes my heart and whispers her secrets to me and then I remember then it all makes sense 




Swans........

I felt them coming, tilting back I looked into the blue sky.

My ribs opened up into the light and from my chest a swan flew long necked free.

 Her brothers and sisters followed, seven white swans beating high into the autumn day.

Against the leaves against the tide of the drab chocolate ebbing water, where upon the bank shiny conkers lay, half buried in leaf mould smelling of something spicy herbal precious.

 Half remembered memories from another time, then such beauty fell upon me it sparkled in the hedgerow and painted itself upon the hawthorns upon the tall hemlocks upon the swans as they faded from me.

Love Lynn xxx

9 comments:

sarah said...

So dreamy.

annieelf2012 said...

Your words came to life in my imagination. I read this over and over again.

elaine said...

Beautiful words evoking autumn

Kay said...

Beautiful Lynn....I see swans flying a lot here...the noise of the air rushing through their wings alerts you to their closeness before you see them...for some reason they make me feel so emotional..such a wonderful sight..xx

Vicki Boster said...

Dearest Lynn--
Your words paint beautiful pictures in our souls--

We've been away on travels-- I'm so happy to have the chance to step I to your beautiful world for a moment and feed my soul--
Love,love
Vicki

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

A seductive moment shared between you and Nature. I could imagine their flight, the faint beating of their wings as they travelled off across the horizon...
I hope you are well and enjoying all that Nature has to offer.
Susan x

Jeanne said...

Beautiful posting as always
Love Jeanne

Jayne said...

You are always write such beautiful words Lynn x

Vicki Boster said...

Lynn-- beautiful prose in celebration of autumn--- the words alone paint a lovely remembrance of all that is so wonderful about fall...
Love
Vicki