Sunday, 21 September 2014

Just for me.........

I have never sewn in leather before(ooh naughty words!!) ..and I have had given to  me by a lovely friend, some rather special pieces of very soft leather in gorgeous colours, so thought to have a play with making a new over large bag in a very simple new shape.  This will be most useful to carry my lunch and paper and kindle on the train into work with me...thought you would like a peek....
some tips...

use leather needles
use a Teflon foot
use polyester upholstory thread or guttermans all rounder
good luck  xxxxx



this is my new autumn cushion displayed in my back room


I love the feel of Autumn, its the equinox over the coming days
light and dark in perfect balance, before the dark takes precedent and settles over us once more over  the land, bringing cosy nights and crisp mornings (I hope).
The days bring with them so many joys so many festivals as the land changes and the fingers of Autumn weave themselves around our hearts.
With Love x 


16 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful postings as always.
Much love
Jeanne

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Beautiful bag. I'm not sure I would be brave enough to attempt to sew leather.

And I love your home, Lynn. I think I say this in every comment. It is so very beautiful and inviting.

It rained here last night. We had just finished cutting and stacking firewood for the season. The leaves are changing, and I'm looking forward to the quieter, gentler days of Autumn.

Have a lovely one,
Lin

manon 21 said...

Perfect comme toujours.

Amitiés

Manon

the woolly dog said...

Looks like a very successful first attempt in leather! I love just the glimpses of your home you always show in your photos, they hint at the most wondrous rooms... x

Birgit said...

Super schoene Tasche;
Gemütlich und insirierend sieht es bei dir aus.
Liebe Grüße
Birgit

Greenorchid said...


LOVE your beautiful leather bag... those shades!!
I have some soft brown leather stashed away waiting for inspiration...

Streetcomber said...

It is stunning. Love the photos of your home too. Fiona x

Streetcomber said...

It is stunning. Love the photos of your home, too. Fiona x

sarah said...

I love the soft colours in your home. Especially that beautiful blue background in the first picture.

Jess said...

How lovely to have made your own custom leather bag! I love the cosy looking pictures too. A perfect place to rest at this time of year. :)
Jess xx

Madelief said...

The bag looks absolutely beautiful Lynn! A really stylish accessory.

Have a lovely week!

Madelief x

Seawashed said...

Such a beautiful bag. You do the most exquisite work. I admire everything...your sewing, painting, stitching, drawing and poetic verse. xxo

Jeanne said...

Very creative as always. I love your blog postings and thank you for your visit and sweet words.
Blessings

Jeanne♥

Jade said...

Love that colours for a cosy autumn time! Have a wonderful week,

hugs Jade

Jayne said...

I love the soft tones of your leather bag Lynn. your home looks so welcoming and cosy, the nights are drawing in, time to light the candles....

Gail said...

Lovely bag you made Lynn...looks very soft but I'm not sure I could attempt sewing leather ....autumn has been so wonderful up to now...such a treat.... after such a great summer it's nice to look forward to lighting candles and wrapping up in cosy blankets in front of the open fire...have a nice weekend...Gail x