Sunday, 1 September 2013

Last days of summer............

Soon I shall be back to work and our summer holidays will be wonderful memories of sunny days with our family. This was taken on Brighton beach with my nephew, I have my feet up as usual ha ha whilst he did the hard work digging sandcastles and dancing over the pebbles.. ...


We found this amazing shop in Hove Called Igigi with the most gorgeous upstairs cafe and sumptuous General Store, look at the  huge comfy velvet cushions hand dyed and painted in lovely blues and greys,oh I wanted to buy one but they were about 175.00 and that was well over my budget, sooo we bought their beautiful book called ' A life less ordinary' it is full of amazing ideas and inspiring pages that I could pour over and enjoy at home. We loved the tiny little table in the corner of their cafe and made it our own for a few days. Mr Barron was eyeing up the cakes...ha ha 


some  lovely linen fabrics and other treats
we also had to call in at the magical special Bloomsbury Charleston Farmhouse for a few hours I have adored this place for more years than I care to remember and when I lived in Brighton visited it all the time.  Then we crossed the road to try some(lots of) samples of Cider at Middle farm Hic! and buy some gorgeous herbs and treats.


dreamy summer days..............
Love Lynn xxxx




11 comments:

Madelief said...

Hi Lynn,

I visited Brighton last year with friends, but I see I have to come back soon. If only to visit that shop! It does look promising and I can understand why you like it. Your husband blends in perfectly with his floral shirt! My husband is wearing a similar one at the moment with blue and white flowers :-)!

Charleston farmhouse has long been on my wish list. So far I haven't seen it yet. Another reason to visit the UK soon!!!

Happy new week Lynn!

Madelief xox

Hannapat said...

Hello lovely Lynn, what a lovely post and what gorgeous legs!!!! Igigi sounds and looks wonderful, my kinda place and I could loose myself in all those linens, wow I would seriously need to constrain myself. It is always a shame when the summer comes to an end, but I am really excited about autumn entering our little space. Sending you much love and wishes for a lovely and creative week xoxo

Jayne said...

What a lovely day out with your adorable nephew, so cute. I really must get to Brighton one day it sounds just my cup of tea. The shop looked amazing, did you buy any lovely fabrics? Those velvet cushions were beautiful but as you say too expensive for our budgets. I do love summer it is my favourite time of year, but the nights drawing in means my fairy lights can be switched on and look so pretty. Jaynex

manon 21 said...

Hello Lynn,

C'est drôle je viens d'acheter ce livre "A life less ordinary"je l'adore ,je commence à le connaitre par cœur.
la boutique doit être ravissante.
Un grand merci pour tes visites.

kiss of Provence

manon

Pilgrim at Kerjacob said...

What a GORGEOUS shop , I want to be a time traveller so I can appear there tomorrow and look at all those lovely things.
Think my purse would be a lot lighter but my shopping basket much heavier!

Love to you.
Diane.

Fundy Blue said...

This is a lovely post. All the soft colors and beautiful images. Your nephew is adorable. I always think of September as the start of a new year! Have a good one!

Maria said...

I have Brighton on my Wish list to visit, Lynn...The shop looks amazing!~ Your little Nephew is so cute! Happy September to lovely YOU....LOVE your new dreamy header too....Love and twinkles *** Maria x

Chatelaine said...

Sounds like a very nice vacation with the right amount of relaxation and activity. That shop/cafe looks divine. I am sure I would have spent as many hours as possible there.

The Cloth Shed said...

I have just had a look at the Igigi website... What a fantastic shop and the cafe is to die for.
Another lovely post as always Lynn, great legs by the way!
Must be all that running....
Julie x

tam said...

Awwww I love Brighton and Middle Farm is fab! Glad you have enjoyed your summer x

Gail said...

Hi Lynn, I've only been to Brighton a couple of times but loved it ! Such a nice place to mooch around and chill. Fine pair of pins you have there lass !! Love that shop ...so many goodies. Have a nice weekend ! Gail x