Sunday, 11 August 2013

Farfield Mill new inspiration......................

 I have been so entranced by the television series The Mill... and by talking to my friend Julie (Cloth Shed) I have decided to incorporate those elements I so love into my current work.

  This in mind yesterday we decided to visit Farfield Mill in Sedburgh to absorb some of its amazing atmosphere,and to see the work/displays of the talented and fabulous makers exhibiting there and visit the dramatic and awe-inspiring  countryside that surrounds this fabulous mill.



Yes me sat at this loom, I cannot even conceive of working on such a huge thing, the Mill smells of wool and its so beautiful.
Here are some of the bags I have been working on..............



they are all vintage material and I use natural dyes  and hand printing
I shall be listing them in my etsy shop later this week.

Now some more lovely inspiration that I saw at the Mill Yesterday
I am sorry but I lost my notes on the artists, I will try to find them and add their names





This is a view from the depths of the innermost workings of the mill, it is really damp inside from the water course that turns the machinery
and the light has an eerie green beauty.


Lots of inspiration and well worth a visit xxx
Hugs Lynn xxx
(PS I highly recommend the soup and cheese scones ha ha )





17 comments:

Hannapat said...

Hello lovely Lynn, what fun to draw some inspiration from this magnificent looking mill. I absolutely love your bags they are gorgeous!! You are so talented my dear and most certainly an inspiration to many!! Sending you much love xo

Helen said...

Oh I love your new bags....just gorgeous
Helen xx

Jayne said...

Hi Lynn, we visit Farfield Mill every time we are in the area. It really is a fantastic place, I love the way you can see the artists' at work in their workshops. The coffee shop is great too. I used some images taken outside the Mill, (decomposing plants)as inspiration for my assignment whilst at college. I love the photograph of you, it is a really good one. Those bags are amazing, I love the glove as a corsage, and the lace - well let's just say love everything about them! Jayne x ps did you go into Sedbergh, lovely bookshops and a florist.

Vicki Boster said...

Lynn- don't you just lol SO pretty sitting on that bench--- what a lovely place to take a tour! All that old wood- if we could only know the stories it could tell. It's a fascinating place-- I'd love every minute of being there:)

Your new bag creations are to die for-- you must be so busy creating all day long. Your lovely treasures make us all smile--xoxo
Vicki

lemonade kitty said...

Sounds like a good place to visit I'll have to put it on my "to do list", I love the bag's you've made,Lucey xx

Pilgrim at Kerjacob said...

Hello to you.
Have just finished watching "The Mill".
Love it - when we lived in the Wirral I used to love going to Styal Mill.

What a pretty woman you are - its lovely to see you .

I love your new bags - look forward to seeing them on sale.
I'm busy getting my work ready for a solo exhibition in two weeks time.

Love to you.

Diane. xxx

Ellen said...

Such beautiful Bags Lynn....they really are special.
Ellen x

Merlesworld said...

I imagine it would be hard work and sitting for a long time in one spot in damp conditions but hand woven material has a special look and feel.
Merle...........

manon 21 said...

Bonjour Lynn,
J'aime bien voir ton visage,c'est un peu comme si je te connaissais...
De bien belles inspirations,ton travail prend une belle ampleur.

Belle journée à toi.

Manon

Madelief said...

Hi Lynn,

Love the way the Mill inspired your work. I always like it when a place you visit does that to you. Sometimes it happens in the most unexpected places. Your new bags look beautiful!

You look good on the photo too!!

Happy week,

Madelief x

The Cloth Shed said...

Somewhere I have not visited ...yet.... and not too far away either!
Lovely photo of you Lynn and your bags are fab.
My dressmaker bag I bought from you gets lots of attention and so beautifully made too.
You are so talented xxx
Julie x

Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

Lovely bags!

Hugs & Blessings from Jenny

)O(

Gail said...

Hi Lynn, I love textile exhibitions and what a great place to have one ! I have never been to The Mill but it might have to go on my "to visit list" !! great photo of you and love your new bags ....super duper ! have a nice weekend ...Gail x

Ted and Agnes said...

Such a lovely place I had a studio there when it first opened it was a most inspiring place to work Rx

Jess said...

I've been enjoying watching The Mill too! Shame that the last episode was last Sunday, it had become my Sunday night routine up to now! Your bags are lovely and I love the image of the green light. :)
Jess xx

Greenorchid said...

I have just found your blog... have been having a good nose around... loving your style.. Rather enjoyed the sounds too... please who are tracks 1, 2 and 4 by please? I'm so out of touch... Smiles Cassandra x

flowers on my table said...

I missed this series sadly, as I know I would have loved it. Your bags are very desirable my friend. Keep up the good work. Love Linda xx