Monday, 1 July 2013

So what have I been sewing.........

    I was lovely working with Jessie.. I took with me this blouse front that I had dyed  with logwood and iron mordents and other home dyed fabrics .. I find that dyeing my own vintage fabrics allows me to give them an even more aged look, Jessie helped me assemble the background layers, using my blouse front, it was a huge amount of hand sewing, and lots of sandwiches and cake were involved..... I still hadn't decided on what I would put onto this lovely prepared   patched panel....
On the train on the way home, I was thinking of country fairs and I love jam making especially curds I
 thought!  I will use my patchwork panel to make a recipe holder for my jams, so last week I embroidered the jam pots into pockets to hold the recipes...see below......


but then inspired by Jessies lovely brooches in her shop.. I thought to make my own small brooches and follow my Jam making theme.....



This lead to price labels...and jam pots and hanging tags....



Ha I haven't stopped sewing all week..... see my recipe pockets hidden in the jars when the flap is opened....




This still isn't finished but I am loving the sewing so much xxx
I just had to share it with you even though I have bits left to do ha ha  xxxx



If you like me have been searching for the most fabulous inspiring magazine...Jessie has them!!
They are called' Little thing' and they are amazing and full of fab artists like Jessie Chorley and Julie Arkel and Mr Finch, they are on her online shop xx
Have a great week...Ive got more sewing to do xx
Hugs Lynn xxx


18 comments:

Hannapat said...

Oh so gorgeous Lynn, I love everything about it and its so vintage. I love the look if the fabric, how do you dye it?? The idea of a jam recipe card holder is just ingenious for your little patchwork panel, you have given me food for thought. I also love the brooches, so darling!! Thanks for the tip on the magazines, I'm off to have a nosy. Hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy finishing this lovely patchwork project. Xoxo

The Faerie Factory said...

It's jam-tastic ... sorry couldn't resist but it is lovely. The magazine looks fab and faerie like but it's way out of my budget ~ Sarah x

Thea said...

Hello Lynn
Just catching up with your fab trip, J C's work really is inspiring, I love what you have created, it only takes a seed to set and then you are away, some lovely soft colours created too..
I love those brooches..yes I am a Jam pot too!
Happy summer days
Thea x

NanaDiana said...

Lynn- I think that is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I love what you did with that and the dyed fabrics are gorgeous. What a labor of love and it shows. xo Diana

manon 21 said...

Quelle chance de coudre avec elle,et moi j'ai la chance de connaitre cet endroit grâce à toi,encore Merci.

Amitiés

Manon

Streetcomber said...

Beautiful, and I can't believe how many tiny stitches are in each little pot and price tag.

lemonade kitty said...

I knew you@d come up trumps and you have!! I don't know how you think these things up but I'm glad you do, they're absolutely gorgeous. I love the idea of being able to wear the little brooches seperatly but they're part of the whole picture aswell, I wish I could come and sew with you, Lucey xx

Merlesworld said...

They are lovely, small touches make a home.
Merle........

Kay said...

Lynn your work is stunning and just adore the price labels....also loving the music you have on at the moment..are they Lumimere?
Lots of love
Kay

Liz said...

I have said it before, and I will say it again... your work is fabulous!! xx

Liz said...

I love your work - it is beautiful! I'm your newest follower.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

kathyinozarks said...

I love this-beautiful

Gail said...

Oh I can see how inspired you were at the workshop !! and how much work has gone into such a lovely project ...Lovely ! I too like making jam but have never made curd ...maybe I should try that next !
Gail x

Jayne said...

Your new work is gorgeous Lynn. There is something so therapeutic and satisfying about hand stitching. I am glad you enjoyed your time with Jesse. I remember seeing her work and her mother's at Knit and Stitch about four years ago, it told the story of their life together, I remember it so well, it really made an impression on me. Jaynex

Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

Looks lovely Lynn!

Hugs, Jenny

Vicki Boster said...

Cutest thing I ever saw!!! Your embroidery is simply amazing-- oh Lynn, you have absolutely raised the bar on creativity. I love-- that YOU love stitching so much:)

xoxo
Vicki

Kris said...

Lynn, I LOVE your creativity and your sense of style!! Thank you for sharing this amazing project with us!!

Annie said...

Everything is better with sandwiches and cakes. These must have been the best because your wee creations sure are.