Wednesday, 14 September 2011

I wanted to share some lovely ideas..................

Vintage wool embroidery

Make your own wallpaper.......


A jam jar of flowers........


I just wanted to share a few ideas with you because they will cost nearly nothing and look amazing.
1, Embroider buttons as flowers round the cuff of an older jumper, one cuff will do or add them to a wool scarf, or fill in the moth holes of your favourite jumper......
2, Make your own wallpaper like this one in Anthropologie..... you just need a roll of wallpaper lining and some pretty photocopy's, there are so many inexpensive downloads on etsy mix them with a few doily's and postcards or keep it simple like the Perfume Labels or silhouettes of your family or pets  just make one piece and tape it up for a new look....
3, Take a simple jam jar tie a pretty velvet vintage ribbon round and fill with Autumn flowers hips and  berry's
pop a brown paper label on with some nice script and give it to a friend. 
Tomorrow it is going to be sunny get your vitamin D while you can
Lynn xxxx

14 comments:

Annie said...

Good morning, Lynn. What fun and easy projects. I especially like the wallpaper idea and I have a bathroom wall that might just benefit from the idea.

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

What a lovely inspiring post ... I already do the jam-jar and flower thing; it looks so simple and effective and I prefer it to ornate vases.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Fun idea's. I really enjoyed seeing your photo's of France, what a beautiful trip you had and the joy of spending the time with a dear friend is just the most amazing part of all. The watercolors are so charming and whimsical, I love them.
I enjoyed catching up with you today.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

sarah elwell said...

I especially love that wallpaper idea!

Kay said...

your wallpaper reminded me of my mad old american step mother-in- law...she soaked all the labels off wine and spirit bottles and decorated the downstairs cloakroom with them...it looked fab but really she was completley bonkers and lived on beer and fags!!! God bless her...xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lynn for sharing your idea's. I'm going to make my own wallpaper. Love Vickie x

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Ah such gorgeous thoughts and ideas, it is so late but I am itching to woolify and button adorn a cuff right away!

Sarah x

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Brilliant ideas Lynn. I can't think of anything nicer than giving a friend the jam jar filled with an assortment of foliage and autumn flowers from the garden and a piece of ribbon from my ribbon drawer. Something that I will definitely do this week. Thanks for the lovely ideas. XXXX

Tami / Maddie Lumpkin said...

Thanks for sharing these great ideas.Especially love the wool embroidery.

greenthumb said...

What great ideas, just love the jam jars full of flowers. So pretty.

vicki said...

Hi Lynn - (remember me? LOL!!)
I simply adore the vintage embroidery - how fabulous is this! Your photo makes me want to stay home from work today and start on a project right now! Its gorgeous.

The little jam jars of flowers - sweet perfection! You've shared some wonderful ideas that all of us can relate to- amazing!

I hope all is well for you on your side of the world - we've been traveling for a bit and I am just now catching up with my precious friends~~

Vicki

Madelief said...

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for sharing those lovely ideas! The vintage embroidery looks very pretty and I like the wallpaper as well.

Happy evening,

Madelief x

penandparchment said...

I have been visiting you!
Lovely photos ,-)
Love (P)

layers said...

thanks for the ideas.. especially inexpensive ones that look pretty cool too.