Sunday, 11 September 2011

A French Vacation......................


Pennys fabulous French garden, full of figs and apples and walnuts and peaches and somewhere shady to sit and read my book.



A beautiful 10th Century Pilgrims Church on a cobbled bridge........

Some fabulous Flea market finds...I must say Penny knows the places to go to.....
Lovely French bills of purchase from all sorts of shops.. I shall scan them in and print them onto fabrics.



The Churches are full of the most amazing and beautiful relics...


Can you see the enamelled Crypt Heart in white they are everywhere and so gorgeous and shabby and I loved them....I must figure out how I can sew similar..... You can see at fabulous article on these hearts on thisgorgeous  blog here Petite Michelle Louise




This was my afternoon pitch out of the sun, feeling bohemian and decadent lazing with my mint tea  in this lovely spot under the eaves.


I bought the most lovely clothes the blouse in the piture is hand sewn and embroidered and I bought beautiful nightdresses in fine linens to wear as dresses ...it was fabulous.

I had the most amazing time with my lovely friend Penny at her fabulous house in France... it is near the village where I took the picture of the  enamel heart and not far from La Reole Abbey on the pilgrims route to St Jacques d'compostella northern Spain.
Penny asked me to go and have a holiday with her in her lovely home in France We have been writing for years and I have been buying all my lovely linens from her since I was at University 8 years ago. Penny has a super Etsy shop here called penelopeslinenloft.
Well  I don't know what I enjoyed the most......I think my favourite was the vide grenier we went to at Villandraut we scooped up the bargins and ate lovely French do nuts..... for break fast ha ha I was in seventh Heaven what a holiday thank you Penny xxxxxx

28 comments:

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

How magnificent... a beautiful place with lovely finds and the sharing of a friendship.
Now you are refreshed and ready to face the Autumn.
Susan x

Lidyll said...

Hei på deg*smile*
..for en fortastisk sted! Den røffe bygningen, der vannet er helt inntil...*hjertebank*

..og hage med FIKEN...!ELSKER*smile*

Håper du har en flott søndag*smile*
Klem klem

Pixie said...

Beautiful post......i adore france.

manon 21 said...

Un bien joli petit tour en France.

J'aime ces cœurs de tombe,mais ils commencent a être volé dans les cimetières pour étre vendus dans les brocantes,je trouve cela terrible....

Amitiés
Manon

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

Looks very charming & beautiful!

Hugs, Jenny

Oana Roxana said...

:) You 'sound' happy.

The French Bear said...

How wonderful!!! I am so enamoured with those hearts too!!! Lovely linens, give that Penny a hug from me, I am still using her gorgeous linens!!!
Hope you both have a fabulous holiday......sigh....some day!
Hugs,
Margaret B
xxx

A bird in the hand said...

Lovely post. I discovered Penny's shop thanks to you and now, thanks to her, I have a beautiful pile of linens that I use in my work. I wish I could join her on her vide-greniers just to experience it.

Bonne journée, et merci à vous deux!

Colette

jill said...

Hi,what lovely photos,they look so restfull I love the church yard pics and the hearts.Love Jill xx

Thilda said...

Oooh! Lovely! :)

Jojo said...

What a lovely vacation.

hensteeth said...

I too can boast of staying with Penny. We had a marvellous time and will always be grateful for Penny's hospitality and tour of the fleas.

hensteeth said...

ps: remiss of me not to say ...that I'm glad you had a lovely time and I hope you are feeling well. x

Bohemian said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, thank you for taking us along on your Beautiful Journey... a piece of Heaven on Earth!!!

What a Beautiful Blog you have, so glad to have discovered it today.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Petite Michelle Louise said...

i must visit penny's shop on ETSY. how nice for you that you got to visit her in France. your photographs are so lovely. Merci for mentioning my nbog post about those beautiful grave markers! They really "speak to my heart." I would have loved to see them in that burial ground you were at!

sarah elwell said...

these things are so beautiful ... how lucky you are! :-)

Ellen said...

What a wonderful time you have shared with a friend in a beautiful place....and such beautiful linens to treasure
Ellen x

Lynn said...

You must be one of the best photographers on this planet! Every one of your shots are storybook perfect!

The Cloth Shed said...

Looks like you had a perfect holiday...relaxing with friends and buying fabulous French things too.
I love the fine linen nightdress with its simple neck detail and monogram.
Hope you are on the mend...
Julie x

greenthumb said...

Wow, what a fantastic holiday you must have had. I love your photos.

miniacollection said...

Beautiful photos! It seems to have been a wonderful holiday.
Geneviève

Anna at the Doll House said...

I love visiting old churchyards and these enamel hearts are so different from anything we have here.
I also love the thought of fresh walnuts.

Anna

Ragged Roses said...

It looks beautiful! We were in France at the same time - I was in Aix en Provence, very beautiful and very hot! I love your photos, such a joy to come and read your blog.
Kimx

Kristina said...

Pretty photographs of very nice things. It seems that France is the place to go, especially if you have someone who can show you around. Wishing you inspiration. Keep creating!

A Mermaid's Tale said...

How perfectly lovely! Just the thing for refreshing your mind and body before the Autumn return to work. I'm envious of the printing equipment you must have at your textile department - to be able to scan in all those old documents.....I'd have a field day!
A bientot!
Christine x

vicki said...

Lynn - your friend invited you to heaven~~ what a beautiful place - the photos are dreamy and make me want to be there also. You certainly are blessed - this was a special trip and your photo memories are priceless!

Vicki

vicki said...

Lynn- I got caught up in your lovely photos and forgot to say how very much that I love Petite Michelle and her beautiful blog. She is such a talented artist and a lovely, lovely person - she is the heart and soul of my nests as she is the maker of my little eggs. I love her dearly and you are so kind to share about her with your many friends~~

Vicki

mady dooijes said...

oh all to wonderful, what a beautiful fabrics and france i miss it so much- i spend many happy holidays as a child. hope you are well x
and.. the images are beautiful