Sunday, 22 May 2011

Such a fabulous day Jessie 'Embroidered story and Memory books workshop '

      My little book..............


 Jessie s beautiful work...............



   As much cake as we could eat.......................

     Leigh's work...................


    Tatiania's book ...............


 ........and book mark...........


 Helens dancing ladies................

 more of Jessies work..............


 ..................................and more lovelies


 .......................................more....stories





love them all so much

Jessie pouring out the tea..........

                            Just starting the day.................so exciting..............................


I want to share a perfect Saturday with you all.  I went to the most wonderful work-shop at Jessie's and Buddugs shop in London on the Columbia road.....
Jessie showed us her some of her amazing Journals to inspire us, she likes to use vintage fabrics with character and embellishes them with hand stitch and all sorts of beautiful found buttons, ribbons and jewellery. To help us get started she gave us all fabulous fabric packs to work with, they were filled with vintage linens, embroidered lace and pretty postcards to start us off. Then provided us with beautiful script ink stamps......vintage ephemera, everything you might need.....
The whole shop is an absolute inspiration and for me to be able to sit and sew for 5 hours plus be surrounded by all that vintage.... well....I was in seventh heaven, and with 4 other lovely ladies  to chat to and share cake with the day passed far far to quickly ...................
To end the day I wondered in the warm late sun slowly down Brick Lane...made some rather nice fabric purchases from a vintage shop (show you later) and ate a rather good curry and a home-made lemonade......before getting the 7.30pm train back to my beloved who had bought me this lovely surprise for my Birthday....thank you my Adrian xxxx 
Hope you all had a great weekend
xxxxxx

34 comments:

moa said...

hi dear lynn
..this is so beautiful -
it`s magic & almost poetry..
just love it!
thank you for sharing!
wish you a lovely new week -

hugs from moa

Betty said...

what a fabulous day - you were surrounded by such beautiful things and have learnt to make something unusual and individual - a wonderful present, what a lovely partner to think of it. Bettyx

Vintage Jane said...

Absolutely beautiful works of art. What a wonderful way to spend a day.

Lyn said...

wow what a wonderful day and what wonserful work.
xxx

Jacqueline said...

Dear Lynn,
What beautiful embroidery and such a coincidence as we were down Columbia Road a couple of weeks ago and am going to do a post about it. I went into Jessie's shop and bought some cards. I love the shops there and, we walked down Brick Lane ( I bought a Brick Lane street sign ) and then went off to Spitalfields for lunch.....and, I also have the grey metal leaf heart in your header. Coincidences all round !!
What a wonderful day you must have had. I loved EVERYTHING in the shop. XXXX

Beach House Living said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!

Tami / Maddie Lumpkin said...

How very beautiful!

greenthumb said...

Glad you had a great time, I loved your photos.

andrea said...

If magic is real, it's encapsulated here in this small room. Beautiful creations.....I've enjoyed looking at your photos very much.

andrea said...

If magic is real, it's encapsulated here in this small room. Beautiful creations, I've enjoyed looking at your photos very much.

Suzanne said...

I want to go!!! Sounds like my idea of heaven. The work looks beautiful. Glad you had a great time, what a thoughtful hubby you have xxx

vicki said...

Oh Lynn- I am in love with every photo- each lovely design- so creative- you all are! What a perfect day spent among friends- creating- eating cake- so much fun. And a birthday surprise at the end of the day to make it so very special. This is a truly lovely post- I so wish I could have been there!
Vicki

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

How beautiful... a perfect way to use snippets that may otherwise languish in a drawer never seeing the light of day...
Susan x

Jema♥Rose said...

How lovely & inspiring!!!

: )

Have a beautiful week Lynn.

xxxx
Jenny

Kay said...

what a fabulous present..it all looks totally wonderful...XX

Gigi said...

Such beauty everywhere - extraordinarily lovely and inspiring.

The Cloth Shed said...

What a fabulous workshop Lynn....I wouldn't want to leave once I got inside.
Thank you for bringing Jessie's work to my attention....I had never heard of her before.....so beautiful.
Julie x
P.S.Dyeing fabric is proving very successful....new wardrobe of black and grey now!

flowers on my table said...

I can just imagine Lynn this was right up your street. It looks and sounds fabulous. I love to do workshops and courses its so uplifting! Have a wonderful week, love Linda x

annie's abode said...

hi lynn

this sounds wonderful - will watch out for future workshops.
i keep looking at the images as they are so inspiring
hugs
anniex

Maminka Girl - Loribeth said...

That DOES sound like a day of pure perfection. Happy Happy Birthday wishes! xxoo Loribeth

marĂ­a cecilia said...

Hola Lynn, just to let you know that I alwyas come to visit you and that love everything you post about!!!
hugs dear

Leigh said...

Beautiful pictures! It was great to meet you. I love your blog! I'll be a regular visitor and hope to meet you again one day :)

H ennA said...

Artistic, inspirational and just lovely! What a fantastic creative workshop! I believe you had a great time :-)

All my best!

Hugs Anne

Pilgrim at Kerjacob said...

Wonderful - I have just got to do some myself.

Love to you.

Daien

Primchick said...

Hello You... Wow what a lovely day... Oooo & to be with like minded friends too... what beautiful work, & a chance to eat cake & play with vintage textiles & paper to boot..What a lovely birthday present!! :o)

A time to dance said...

jealous jealous jealous...and on holiday next week.....are you free? We are in manchester tuesday???

sarah-jane down the lane said...

How wonderfully perfect, what a gorgeous day and those books were all exquisite. I am all tingly just imagining how lovely it all was. Thank you so much for posting about it I am buzzing with ideas.....
have a lovely bank Hols Lynn,

Love Sarah x

Karen said...

What a beautiful day. It all looks wonderful and so very inspiring. :)

Elaine said...

What a lovely day you had. The handwork is absolutely stunning.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Ellen said...

It must have been such a lovely, inspiring day...I havn't visited the shop yet, but it is on my summer "to do" list.
Ellen xx

Annie said...

Lynn, these books and the work entailed is truly breath-taking.

Bernie* said...

Your blog is lovely. ♥♥♥
I just enjoyed a peaceful visit.
I love the little things falling when I move my cursor - Would you mind sharing the link?

Catharina Maria said...

That looks all beautiful !
Great artwork .
Love ♥RINI♥

mady dooijes said...

poetic, what a wonderful workshop. i used to work in ezra street just around the corner from columbia road, fond memories....