Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Whats happening in the city..........



Walking back at dusk


I have just returned from a fabulous weekend of work at New Designers in London........
I have just spent three days with our students and many many other students from all over England's University's all displaying their beautiful work from their Degree Shows.
Each student produces the most divine cards with snippets of their fabulous work, you can see some of the many I have collected.
There is of course a great sadness as we say goodbye to our third year students, and the silent corridors at work no longer ring with their laughter and tears. But they are our stars of tomorrow twinkling in the darkness of night and I for one feel so lucky to have worked with them for this short time and am all the richer for it.
Love and hugs always
Lynn xxxx

10 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Barbara,

I just perused the New Designers website looking in on the excitement and awards and exhibits. Exciting times. So much of interest. Welcome back.

Annie

Annie said...

Oops. That would be Lynn, not Barbara. I was just over at Ramblings from an English Garden (Barbara). My brain in soggy. LOL

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

So wonderful to share in the creativity of others. A perfect opportunity to savour their enthusiasm.
I can tell by your last post that you are enjoying your Summer and all the nuance it holds.
xo Susan

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I love those English skies. They match your blog perfectly.

Spending time with new talent is always so inspiring, isn't it?

Helen said...

Huge hopes and dreams for the future , exciting times . . .

manon 21 said...

ils ont de la chance d'avoir un professeur comme toi!
amitiƩs

manon

Di Overton said...

These students are so lucky to have been taught by you Lynn you are an inspiration.

Kay said...

How great to work with young talent like that.....I still remember all my tutors from art school....and the inspiration they gave us!!! Glad your computor is well again..have a happy summer..xx

lorhen82 said...

What a fabulous photo! Makes me wish I was there! ~Lori

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Well, I'd read about this exhibition and it sounded fantastic. I'll go to the website to find out more. I love your blog and I'm aching to go back to London...