Saturday, 22 December 2007

Welcome to the child of promise........YULE is here


Before I retire quietly and happy to my bed, I would like to recall this evening, which was truly magical.......the nearly full moon was high and snow white in a clear turquoise sky, reflecting in the river below amongst the shades of the setting sun. Across the whole of the countryside before us, a low white mist swirled magically around bare charcoal fields, fingers of misty dreams, wrapped around the trees and frosty sugar glittered on every branch. The whole place felt magical, festive, and very still as if it was just waiting, in silence for that special moment. Our breath was like dragon fire, and we had hot mulled wine, and warm chesnuts, moon cookies, and chocolate logs. Sticky fingers, cold noses, good friends, and happy hearts.

So here are a few words close to my heart this season of joy;

Before all I was, beyond all I am,
I have no nature and no name
I have been from the beginning,
I have seen all manner of things;
I have dwelt in the womb of the Goddess:
I the divine child of the mother.
In the region of the summer stars I find my beginning;
In the pattern of creation I seek my source
In the turning spheres I continue my story.
Born of the Oak Wood, mistletoe wreathed,
Sprung to life as the Goddess breathed.
May I wish you one and all,
peace, joy, and love and hope.
Brightest Blessings
Lynn xxx

21 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful...Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Katie said...

Wow...that is so touching and wonderful...that sounds like the most lovely Yule. Blessed Be, Lynn!

Henna said...

What a lovely start to this morning...reading your post is like stepping in to a fairytale. Gorgeous picture!
Thw house is still sleeping, I´m enjoying the moment of peacefulness and the silence...guess what? It´s snowing! :-)

Wonderful Yulefeelings...

Warm hugs / Anne

EVA AGNES said...

Same to you Lynn. Thank you and have a wonderful Christmas time.
Love Eva Agnes

Marja Kristiina said...

Merry Christmas, Lynn, to you and your family! You are special to me, and you know why.

love and hugs, Marja

Gigibird said...

And the same very best wishes to you and your family Lynn.
Lots of Love
Lynn
xxx

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and the best of health and happiness for 2008.
Have a wonderful time,
Niki.

Regina said...

Hi Lynn,
wonderful post.I wish you and your
family Merry Christmas and a
Happy New Year.

love and hugs, Regina

Sherry said...

Lynn, what a beautiful post. Truly, truly heartwarming.

Wishing you and those you love the most wonderful of Christmas wishes...filled with love, joy and laughter. May the magic live within you all year. Thoughts and wishes for all good things and many blessings for the coming year.

xo
Sherry

Ragged Roses said...

what a beautiful post, it sounds like you had a magical day yesterday. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Enjoy the holidays
Kimx

Hannis said...

Lynn, I'll send to You from the bottom of my heart all the beautiful things for Christmas - Tis' the Season and have a Joyful Christmas Time!!!

-hannis-

saint-ange said...

Hi Lynn,
I am in vacancies in paris with my family...
I hope you have a very very beautiful christmas
kiss of France

HildeS. said...

Merry, merry christmas to you and yours:)

Deb said...

Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas.

Moderncountry said...

Wonderful writing!!!

I want to wish you and yours a warm and joyful Christmas celebration, may 2008 be a great year!

And thank you, for all your kind and supporting words last year, I really appreciate it!

Kiss and hug from Aina

My little footprints said...

Dear Lynn!
I want to wish you a mery christmas. I look forward to the next year and getting to know you a lot better :)
Thanks for wonderful writing!
A warm christmas Hug from Beth

Donna said...

Love the new header! Pretty! Have fun today!

Ottilias Veranda said...

Love Your new header!

Hope You have a wonderful holiday!

Liisa

The Devil Makes Work said...

Hey Lynn,

Thanks for popping by. Hope your Yule was good :-) My computer went bang last week which is a nightmare so not much chance to update anything. I wish I was in a Log Cabin. Maybe next year. BB.

Henna said...

Your new banner is just lovely! Hope your Christmas has been a joyful one :-) Our days have been filled with food..surprise?..goodies...visiting relatives, a bit shopping..a fleamarket..today I´ve started a new project..it is a bit challenging. I hope the result will be satisfying..I might have been too optimistic?! Oh, forgot to mention, it´s a chest of drawers I´m trying to paint.
I wish you relaxing last days of this year and a Happy happy new year 2008!

Hugs / Anne

Tammie Lee said...

Such a lovely post and your poem that reads like a blessing touched my heart~