Thursday, 1 November 2007

Gifts from the Heart.........








Some days bring the most delightful post, and today brought me this wonderful gift from Katie at http://homekeepinghearts.blogspot.com/
I have always visited Katies wonderful blogg and her shop 'Sparrows Cottage' and really loved the paper items and crafts that she creates, along with her beautifully written magical blog, so I wrote and asked to buy one of her lovely vintage style books.......we decided on a swop, mine hasn't arrived there yet...but it's in the post, any day now.. .Katie.
I know I can design and make, but it is so good to receive a handmade item that you have not had to design or create, it becomes a real treasure. Just like my needlework case from Gigibird at http://florencehope.blogspot.com/ (Stella and Lynn), and now this wonderful book that I can spend hours just dwelling on what beautiful keepsakes to keep hidden in its pretty pages, all scented with herbs. I also think we see items we like and try to copy them or make somthing similar, it never seems to work for me, the item looses that special essence of the original creator, and is never quite the same, so I am sat looking at my wonderful book and listening to my other musical gift of Celtic Seasons, from Katie............ thinking it is truly a fabulous day.

11 comments:

moderncountry said...

OH, beautiful gifts!! I love those birds! Such good friends :)

Enjoy your weekend! Aina

Marja Kristiina said...

Oh Lynn, these are all BEAUTIFUL!!! You truly have a gift - both the vision and the ability to carry it out. The bird and the box with a crown are just gorgeous.

I have to admit that I'm a little envious of your wonderful swaps ;-). I haven't had the pleasure of exchanging any gifts yet. Maybe eventually!

Take care!

vintage twist said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff I'm off to check out the link, thanks.

Twinkle Pink said...

What a gorgeous looking item I'm off to check it out too:))

Look forward to seeing what you sent too:)


best wishes Ginny

Twinkle Pink said...

Wow I have just been to visit, how magical was that, and her mums site it sheer heaven too.

Thank you for sharing Lynn as I would never have known they were out there. I think after a year on blog I still have a lot more to look at on blog. I LOVE it - just so inspiring!

Marja Kristiina said...

Oops, misplaced my comment - it was meant for your own work.

On the same note, the gifts you got were heavenly, too! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

This is so sweet of you!! I can't wait to get mine. I bet it is in the post today!!

Miss Maddie's said...

Dear Lynn, I saw the goodies you sent to Katie. They are soooo sweet.I see she sent something to you as well and you love it!The apple didn't fall far from the tree when it comes to Katie and her mom.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend.You'll be able to spend a quiet Sunday deciding what treasures of the heart to place in your little book. Susan

Henna said...

The little shoes...they´re from heaven! So beuatiful..and the other things are superb too!
I´m curious about the table you´ve found..If you like it the way it is don´t paint it..
Wishing You a inspireing weekend!

Happy hugz!

Kelly Fillion said...

Hi Lynn, oh what a wonderful swap you both did! Katie does does precious work with her papers and sweet images! I have been a fan of her work as well. Enjoy the lovely treasure.

Elisa Day said...

I dont live in Afghanistan, I live in Sweden. Im sorry Im new on blogger I had forgotten to change the default country Afghanistan. Thanks for the visit. I will take a look of all you beautiful things! :)