Friday, 19 October 2007

Wrap up warm.....



You know when you need somthing just to perk up your spirits, I needed that........ sooo I had a hunt in my room and discovered a nice selection of alpaca, cashmere, and merino fleece I had bought last summer, I also found some white silk velvet.....now guess what I have been doing this week.
I dyed the velvet a turquoise shade to go with my beigey fleece then felted the wools some to the velvet some on it's own, and now I have made two new softer than soft scarves, I added a vintage rose to one ( very Sara Parker, I wish ha!) and a vintage pearl pin to the other.
So send on the snow, winds are no problem, I shall be skipping and dancing in the spiraling Autumn mists no matter how frosty it is.......

11 comments:

Marja Kristiina said...

What fabulous work! I fell crazy in love with the turquoise scarf. You're truly gifted.

Sea Angels said...

Thankyou sooo much..I just adore turquoise, and i think it suits every one, Lynn xx

Tracy said...

wow - you are so talented and have such an eye for colour x
open an etsy shop..... please!
have a great weekend - hope it is cold enough so you can wear your creations.
tracy x

Gigibird said...

Despite having too many scarves I constantly think about making more.....yours look wonderful:)
I love the differnt textures.
I am hankering after silk velvet - I was only looking on Ebay yesterday for some!

French Knots said...

They are lovely, the turquoise is a wonderful colour I love bluey/greeny shades. Scarves always brighten a dull day.

vintage twist said...

They are gorgeous I adore the velevt.

Henna said...

My oh my..what beauties you have created!! Amazing!
I think I´m turning green...of envy ;-)
Been busy with painting..it sure is time-consuming..but I´m now close to the finishline.

Colourful hugz to ya!

Kelly Fillion said...

Oh, you will look cute as anything wearing those creations. Yes please do open a etsy shop, would love to buy one! Your colour combinations are just lovely in all your work, dreamy like your Sea Angels name.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Sooo gorgeous!

A bird in the hand said...

I followed some links, and here I am. You do such lovely work. these are beautiful, especially the velvet one.

Cheers, Colette in Canada

Judy Scott said...

I love your scarf! the colours are so perfect and that flower is just too gorgeous and I also think I am now addicted to your blog!!